Tuesday, October 22, 2013

MINDFUL POETRY

Please Call me by My True Names
I am the 12 year old girl, refugee on a boat, who throws herself into the ocean after being raped by a sea pirate.
 And I am the pirate, my heart not yet capable of seeing and loving.
 I am member of the politburo, with plenty of power in my hands, and I am the man who has to pay his ”debt of blood” to my people, dying slowly in a forced labor camp.
My joy is like spring, so warm it makes flowers bloom in all walks of life.
 My pain is like a river of tears, so full it fills up the four oceans.
 Please call me by my true names, so I can hear all my cries and my laughs at once, so I can see that my joy and pain are one.
 Please call me by my true names so I can wake up,
and so the door of my heart can be open the door of compassion.
                                                                            Thich Nhat Hahn

To the mind that is still
the whole universe surrenders

                                                                   Buddha     

lotus flower photo: lotus flower lotus_flower.jpg

Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn
A cool breeze in summer, snow in winter.
If your mind isn’t clouded by unnecessary things,
This is the best season of your life.
                                                                      Wu-men 


"It may be when we no
 longer know what to do,
we have come to our real work,
 and that when we no longer know which way to go,
 we have begun our real journey."

                                                 Wendell Berry
lotus flower photo: LOTUS FLOWER lotus.jpg
The perfume of sandalwood,
the scent of rosebay and jasmine,
travel only as far as the wind.

But the fragrance of goodness
travels with us
through all the worlds. 

Like garlands woven from a heap of flowers,
fashion your life
as a garland of beautiful deeds.
                                Buddha


“The thought manifests as the word;
The word manifests as the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character;
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let it spring from love
Born out of concern for all beings.”
                                         Buddha


 Close the language-door and
open the love window.
The moon
won't use the door, only the window.

--Rumi. Translator: Coleman Barks


lotus flower photo: Lotus Flower lotus_flower.jpg

Source:  http://www.bemindful.org/poemsb.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment