Thursday, December 15, 2011

mindful quotes


Every moment of our life is a relationship. There is nothing except relationship. At this moment my relationship is to the rug, to the room, to my own body, to the sound of my voice.
- Charlotte Joko Beck, from Everyday Zen

"To my mind, the idea that doing dishes is unpleasant can occur only when you aren't dong them. Once you are standing in front of the sink with your sleeves rolled up and your hands in the warm water, it is really quite pleasant. I enjoy taking my time with each dish, being fully aware of the dish, the water, and each movement of my hands... Thje dishes themselves and the fact that I am here washing them are miracles!
Thich Nhat Hahn, from Peace is Every Step


Magic Power, marvelous action!
Chopping wood, carrying water...
Soiku Sigematsu



No comments:

Post a Comment